What Are Dental Crowns?
Crowns are dental restorations that are used to fix and support broken teeth. Crowns are cap-like restoration devices that cover the damaged teeth, making it look like natural ones. Crowns may be of different materials. They come in all-metal, ceramic-on-metal, and all-ceramic forms.
When Would We Need Dental Crowns?
The sole purpose of dental crowns is to restore broken teeth. We recommend our patients to use crowns for a variety of reasons and here is why.
- Crowns provide an excellent solution to teeth that have been infected.
- As parts of a bridge or an implant prosthetic, they are recommended for patients who just underwent a tooth extraction.
- Crowns also are advised for patients who have undergone a root canal procedure.
- They are useful for fixing bridges to its correct position.
- Dental crowns are required for correcting cosmetic issues.
What Are the Advantages of Dental Crowns?
Dental crowns will provide a brilliant solution for patients who require cosmetic dentistry. Crowns enable patients to cover and stregthen their broken teeth. There are several advantages of dental crowns.
- Crowns are a safer option for broken teeth compared to extractions.
- It will be easier for patients to tolerate the pain from extractions.
- Crowns are easy to install.
- Dental crowns last long.
Porcelain crowns are tooth-colored crowns that can help to restore the smile. Being made out of porcelain, these dental restoratives will be hard to notice. These crowns can also help prevent further damage to the teeth.
Porcelain crowns are a rewarding option in restorative dentistry as they help to:
- Restore broken teeth and those that had been damaged due to cavities.
- Provide a foundation for holding fractured teeth together.
- Fix discoloration of teeth.
- Play the role of support for dental bridges.
- Provide support for the tooth after root canal procedures.